This recipe is as simple as it sounds. Seven core ingredients is all it needs, five if you are pressed for time.
- Spaghetti – a handful (for two people)
- Garlic cloves – five to six large one, roughly chopped
- Basil leaves – six to seven medium-sized ones
- Green chillies – two small ones
- Spring onions – one whole stem
- Pickled jalapeno – five to six, roughly chopped (you can use olives as well)
- Olive oil – two tablespoons
- Chili flakes – one teaspoon
- Cheese to garnish
- Boil the pasta with some salt till al-dente, or about 7 and a half to 8 and a half minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop it from over cooking.
- In a non-stick pan, add the olive oil along with the green chillies and two-thirds of your chopped garlic. We’ll save some for a little later.
- Add the spring onions after a minute and stir well.
- Now tear in the four or five of your large basil leaves straight into the pan. Season well with some salt and pepper.
- Now add the rest of the garlic, jalapeno and chili flakes. Careful that you don’t burn anything. You could start with a medium flame and cook your way up to a high heat.
- Add the pasta and drizzle some more olive oil in the pan. Tear in the rest of the basil leaves. You could add some more jalapeno.
- Turn off the heat and grate a good helping of cheese over the pasta. Serve with some pesto sauce. The recipe to the pesto is on another blog. Follow the link here.