Continuing on the healthy foods promise from last week, here’s another recipe that is low in fat and indulges all your sweet cravings just in time for a quick after-lunch treat.
Prep time: 5 mins | Freezing time: 1 and a half hour | Serves two people
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and frozen overnight
- 4-5 tablespoons of room-temperature milk
- 1 tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- An electric blender
- Chopped almonds and grated dark chocolate for garnish
Cut the frozen bananas into small pieces, preferably an inch long. Transfer to the blender along with the milk.
Blitz till smooth and creamy. If required, add a little more milk to loosen the mix.
Once smooth, add the peanut butter and the cinnamon powder to the blender and blitz once more to combine everything.
Transfer the mix to a freezer-proof container and freeze for about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes.
Using an ice-cream scooper, place the ice-cream into two small ramekins and serve with chopped almonds and finely grated dark chocolate.