This one is really simple if you’ve got the ingredients. I recommend making a shopping list for this dish, just before you set off to make it.
Prep time: 10 mins | Chilling time: a minimum of four hours | Serves 2-3 people
- 1 teaspoon Matcha green tea powder
- A third of a cup of hot water
- 400 ml thick coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- A tablespoon of desiccated coconut
- 5 tablespoons of honey/maple syrup or 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 and three-fourth tablespoons of gelatine powder
- 9-10 hazelnuts for garnish
- Some thick cream for garnish
Bring a third of a cup of water to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in the matcha powder until it completely dissolves.
In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk, vanilla essence and salt until the mix comes to a light simmer. Remove from heat and mix the honey, maple syrup or sugar (whichever you are using) until it dissolves.
Mix in the dissolved matcha and desiccated coconut. Check if the mix needs a little more honey/sugar.
Now add the gelatine powder and stir vigorously.
Quickly transfer the mixture to two serving glasses or dessert bowls and transfer to the fridge.
Chill for a minimum of four hours before serving. (I make mine in the morning and they are ready just in time for lunch).
Chopped the hazelnut vertically leaving their diameters intact. Sprinkle over the pannacotta and top it with a dollop of cream before serving.