You asked for more healthy recipes and I obliged!
Here’s a quick breakfast recipe that you can prepare beforehand and forget about it (until you eat it, of course).
Prep time: 10 mins | Chill time: 2-3 hours or overnight | Serve two large portions
- 1 and a half cups of whole milk (Make it vegan! Go for almond milk, soy milk or coconut milk!)
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup or any other sweetener
- Some oats, seedless dates and dried grapes for toppings
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Cover with a plastic wrap and rest in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
The mix would have turned into a pudding-like consistency now. Transfer into two serving bowls.
Top with the oats, chopped dates and dried grapes. Add a little more milk and maple syrup if it feels to dry.
Serve chilled. Happy cooking!